Trends and Facts About Computer & Internet Franchises
The internet is a massive growth industry in Canada, and computer franchises are as well. As the world becomes more dependent on the internet and innovative technology for doing everyday activities, interested entrepreneurs can capitalize from a range of profitable computer and internet franchise opportunities.
1. The internet provides a range of functions in Canada including banking, shopping, acquisition of medical information, education, gaming and travel planning. Canada has seen a major shift in its methods of attaining information.
2. It has changed the way in which every household in Canada attains information and interacts with others around the world. Canadians' reliance on computers and internet is not going away any time soon.
3. Most Canadians access the internet from their workplace computers or from their home via laptops, cellphones, and tablets; however, other popular access points include schools, public libraries and cyber cafes.
4. Email is the most widely used internet application. In a typical month 89% of Canadians use email, followed by banking at 69% and hobbies and personal interests at 64%.
6. Computer franchises may specialize in computer parts retail, computer maintenance and repair, network support services, internet security, or information technology (IT) services.
7. Franchise owners who will excel in the computer and internet industry will most likely have high technological finesse, experience with computers, and knowledge of up-to-date trends in the technology industry.