Trends and Facts About Health & Beauty Franchises
Health and beauty franchises tend to fall into several categories: hair styling, eyelash & beauty bars, skin care, dieting, skincare & wellness centers, fitness centers, tanning salons, and day spas are the most common.
Because good health and beauty are always desirable, many of these businesses are recession resistant—people always want to look and feel good. For this reason, there are so many health and beauty franchise opportunities to choose from—spanning a growing niche of sectors. Learn more about the health and beauty franchise industry in these facts and trends.
1. Beauty is at the top of the franchise segment. Grooming products for both women and men are profitable across Canada. These can include: lotions, injections, makeup, skincare, bath essentials, and nail care products.
2. Looking beautiful never goes out of style, and Canadians have shown that they are willing to spend on their beauty regimens even during times of economic instability.
3. Industry Canada estimates that there are nearly 16,000 beauty salons across Canada. The Canadian Cosmetic Toiletry and Fragrance Association (CCTFA) reports that beauty is a $9.5 billion industry in Canada growing steadily by 0.7% each year.
4. Health and beauty franchises also include wellness concepts that aim to keep patrons fit and healthy. These may include fitness concepts (yoga, Pilates, stretching), dayspa franchises offering an array of services, and medical services among others.
5. Health and beauty franchises can also cater to kids rather than adults. There are many hair salons and fitness centres that are geared toward children, making a fun space for children to learn about creating their own health, wellness, and beauty routines for a more successful lifestyle as they age.