Trends and Facts About Coffee Franchises
The coffee business is booming in Canada! Coffee is the go-to drink of Canadians, with more people drinking coffee than they do tap water. Here are some fast facts about the Canadian coffee industry:
- According to Statista Market Insights, the revenue of the coffee market in Canada is an estimated $28.79 billion USD.
- According to the Coffee Association of Canada (CAC), 73% of Canadian men and women aged 18-79 drank coffee in the past day, greater than any other beverage.
- Coffee drinkers in Canada drink approximately 3 cups per day on average.
- The average Canadian drinks more cups of coffee every day than the average person from the United States of America. Per ArcGIS, the average American will drink two cups of coffee per day compared to three cups of coffee for the average person in Canada.
- Coffee is most popular in the morning as nearly 85% of Canadian coffee drinkers consume coffee at this time of day. Many people use coffee to help wake them up before morning meetings and as a pick-me-up throughout the day.
- Canadians really like good quality coffee. As the quality of instant coffee has gotten better, more consumers have purchased a single-cup brewer for their home, the number increasing from 7% in 2010 to 38% in 2016. Specialty coffee is more popular among those aged 18-49, while traditional coffee is most likely to be consumed by those aged 65-79. Those aged 18-34 are more interested in coffees that are ethically sourced, causing a rise in fair trade and organic coffee shops.